Posted By John Baker,
Monday, December 21, 2015
| Comments (0)
Today's Delaware Economic Financial Advisory Committee (DEFAC) meeting revealed that their estimated "98% Appropriation" number is up $164 million. This still leaves a substantial gap between revenues and expenditures, but it's an improvement. There is still more work to be done. Let's continue to work together for the best outcome.
Meanwhile, the Delaware Revenue Solutions Working Group of the nonprofit sector continues to meet. We have a full calendar of events to engage our elected officials, including:
- January 21 - Governor's State of the State
- January 28 - Governor's Proposed Budget Presentation
- January has United Way hosting a Legislative Brunch in Dover (details still to come)
- February 17 - DANA Annual Budget Update, 9am-Noon in Dover
- February & March will be the JFC hearings
- April will have another Working Group program hosted by DelARF (details still to come)
- May 25 - NONPROFIT DAY in DOVER rally (Save the Date!)
- June will be focused on direct advocacy with our elected officials by nonprofits, boards, volunteers, and clients
Throughout the next six months, the Working Group will continue to reach out to you, as well as meet with General Assembly & JFC members to represent the nonprofit voice, our clients, and all Delawareans. We are all partners for a stronger Delaware.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to me.