Come join to be part of this important discussion on our nonprofit sector in Delaware. After Jim Collins' morning discussion, DANA, in partner with AFP, DCF, DGA, and UW, will hold a "World Cafe Style" facilitated discussion where we will leverage the Good to Great research and framework that Jim Collins will share with us during the morning session to define what excellence looks like for the nonprofit sector in Delaware in 2020 and create and prioritize a list of tangible/actionable ideas/projects that could be implemented over the next 12 months to help move the sector toward excellence.
The main goal of this “conversation” will be to learn from the sector leaders:
- How they would define excellence for the sector in the next five years; and
- What changes they would like to see us do to help enable them to achieve excellence
- Welcome and opening remarks by Governor Markell
- Review of Agenda & Logistics
- Projects Currently in Process
Speakers will present to the audience some of the 'broad-benefit' projects that are currently being worked on to set the stage for the level at which we want them to brainstorm efforts that have the potential to make all the ships rise.
While still remaining in the same room, each breakout group will be guided by a facilitator to "brainstorm" together and answer a couple of questions. Examples:
- What common denominators do we need to be intentional about improving to make the sector better (e.g. resources, talent, accountability, ect.)?
- What outcomes should we aim to celebrate together five years from now?
- What are some initial first steps (next 12 months) we could take toward thses shared goals?
The groups will then reconvene with one person from each group sharing with everyone the ideas/key themes from their group (three minutes each). These ideas will be captured by a facilitator, who will then lead the entire group through a process of prioritization - perhaps with electronic voting.
No one knows where the next great idea will come from, this is your opportunity to voice your opinion and to take part of this great chance to help lead the sector forward.