“Making Delaware Great”
Executive Director/Board Chair Forums for Delaware Nonprofits
Nov 30th – 8:00 – 9:30 Lewes Library, Lewes DE
Nov 30th – 12:30 – 2:00 – DCF Conference Room in Dover, DE
Dec 3rd – 8:00 – 9:30 – DCF Conference Room in Georgetown, DE
Dec 3rd – 12:30 – 2:00 – United Way Conference Room in Wilmington, DE
Sponsored by Discover Bank
WHAT TO EXPECT
All nonprofit organizations in Delaware share a common purpose of improving quality of life for those living in this great State. Whether we think about it on a day-to-day basis or not, we are all part of a much bigger movement. This is why your colleagues at the Delaware Alliance for Nonprofit Advancement (DANA), Delaware Grantmakers Association (DGA), Delaware Community Foundation (DCF), United Way of Delaware (UW), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Brandywine Delaware Chapter (AFP) have worked collaboratively to create a series of forums to explore how we can help the nonprofit sector in Delaware come together.
These facilitated forums build on a conversation, which started at DANA’ summer annual conference, on how to make Delaware Nonprofits Great. At that event, themes emerged on what leaders hope for the nonprofits in Delaware. These include:
- A desire for more collaboration to improve efficiencies as well as enhance collective impact;
- A push to evaluate community needs and understand which organizations are serving those needs throughout the State and how they are doing it;
- A curiosity to explore whether organization consolidation or expansion should take place and how; and
- A need to identify common outcome measurements that permit the community, nonprofits, and funders to make better decisions on resource allocation and decision making.
Thanks to a grant from Discover Bank, we are hosting different forums across the state, facilitated by Peggy Geisler of PMG Consulting. The focus-group style discussions are designed to explore in depth these shared aspirations, and determine how we could collectively establish a sector-wide initiative to help make Delaware nonprofits great. We are inviting Executive Directors/CEOs or the Board Chair of Delaware Nonprofits to one of four sessions.
- Clarify the priority and importance of the emerging themes on making the Delaware nonprofit sector great.
- Generate strategic ideas, directions, and potential actions to make the sector even greater – things that will help all the “ships” in the sector to rise.
- Lay the foundation for establishing an action plan for the sector.
In order to explore these themes in depth, the participation level is capped at 12 people.
Please register by November 27th.